The Senate has reached a deal on gun control legislation Sunday after 10 RINO Republicans are reported to join Democrats in a 60-vote threshold.
The deal does NOT include Joe Biden’s proposals to ban “assault weapons” or “high-capacity” magazines and raise the minimum age of purchasing firearms to 21, but it does expand background checks for individuals under 21.
Additionally, the deal includes Republican proposals like expanded mental health services and school safety measures.
However, the agreement would incentivize states to pass their own “red flag” laws to establish gun purchase restrictions on individuals a judge has deemed a threat.
Biden thanked the Senate for getting a gun control deal ironed out despite the fact it doesn’t ban “assault weapons.”
“It does not do everything that I think is needed, but it reflects important steps in the right direction,” he tweeted. “With bipartisan support, there are no excuses for delay. Let’s get this done.”
I want to thank Senator Chris Murphy and the bipartisan group for their gun safety proposal. It does not do everything that I think is needed, but it reflects important steps in the right direction.— President Biden (@POTUS) June 12, 2022
With bipartisan support, there are no excuses for delay. Let’s get this done.
The bipartisan group of senators released a press statement outlining the deal:
BIPARTISAN GROUP OF SENATORS ANNOUNCE AGREEMENT
WASHINGTON–U.S. Senators Chris Murphy (D-Conn.), John Cornyn (R-Texas), Thom Tillis (R-N.C.), Kyrsten Sinema (D-Ariz.), Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.), Roy Blunt (R-Mo.), Cory Booker (D- N.J.), Richard Burr (R-N.C.), Bill Cassidy (R-La.), Susan Collins (R-Maine), Chris Coons (D-Del.), Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.), Martin Heinrich (D-N.M.), Mark Kelly (D-Ariz.), Angus King (I-Maine), Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.), Rob Portman (R-Ohio), Mitt Romney (R-Utah), Debbie Stabenow (D-Mich.), and Pat Toomey (R-Pa.) issued the following statement:
“Today, we are announcing a commonsense, bipartisan proposal to protect America’s children, keep our schools safe, and reduce the threat of violence across our country. Families are scared, and it is our duty to come together and get something done that will help restore their sense of safety and security in their communities. Our plan increases needed mental health resources, improves school safety and support for students, and helps ensure dangerous criminals and those who are adjudicated as mentally ill can’t purchase weapons. Most importantly, our plan saves lives while also protecting the constitutional rights of law-abiding Americans. We look forward to earning broad, bipartisan support and passing our commonsense proposal into law.”The proposal includes:Support for State Crisis
● Provides resources to states and tribes to create and administer laws that help ensure deadly weapons are kept out of the hands of individuals whom a court has determined to be a significant danger to themselves or others, consistent with state and federal due process and constitutional protections.
Investment in Children and Family Mental Health Services
● National expansion of community behavioral health center model; major investments to increase access to mental health and suicide prevention programs; and other support services available in the community, including crisis and trauma intervention and recovery.
Protections for Victims of Domestic Violence
● Convicted domestic violence abusers and individuals subject to domestic violence restraining orders are included in NICS, including those who have or have had a continuing relationship of a romantic or intimate nature.
Funding for School-Based Mental Health and Supportive Services
● Invests in programs to expand mental health and supportive services in schools, including: early identification and intervention programs and school based mental health and wrap-around services.
Funding for School Safety Resources
● Invests in programs to help institute safety measures in and around primary and secondary schools, support school violence prevention efforts and provide training to school personnel and students.
Clarification of Definition of Federally Licensed Firearms Dealer
● Cracks down on criminals who illegally evade licensing requirements.
● Invests in programs that increase access to mental and behavioral health services for youth and families in crisis via telehealth.
Under 21 Enhanced Review Process
● For buyers under 21 years of age, requires an investigative period to review juvenile and mental health records, including checks with state databases and local law enforcement.
Penalties for Straw Purchasing
● Cracks down on criminals who illegally straw purchase and traffic guns.
The 10 Republicans who joined on include RINOs like Sens. Mitt Romney (Utah), Lindsey Graham (S.C.), Susan Collins (Maine), and Bill Cassidy (La.).
Here are the 10 Republicans agreeing to the gun control bill:— Gamer Jon (@MillerStream) June 12, 2022
Lindsey Graham (SC)
Mitt Romney (UT)
Pat Toomey (PA)
John Cornyn (TX)
Susan Collins (ME)
Thom Tillis (NC)
Richard Burr (NC)
Roy Blunt (MO)
Bill Cassidy (LA)
Rob Portman (OH)
Name them and shame them.
With the 10 Republicans on board, the Democrats should be able to clear the 60-vote threshold to pass the gun control bill that will then head to Biden’s desk.
Help us stay in the fight with a monthly subscription on SubscribeStar https://www.subscribestar.com/launch-liberty
Follow us on TRUTH SOCIAL @LaunchLiberty
Join Our Telegram https://t.me/launchliberty
Follow us on Gab https://gab.com/LaunchLiberty
Follow us on Gettr https://gettr.com/user/launchliberty
Subscribe to our channel on Rumble to get great video content! https://rumble.com/user/ProjectFreedom1776
CHECK OUT THE LATEST EPISODE OF THE TROY SMITH SHOW WITH RICHARD CITIZEN JOURNALIST AT THE WATERGATE HOTEL!
SHARE AND SPREAD THE WORD, BIG TECH IS CENSORING US LIKE NEVER BEFORE!
THE TRUTH IS AT LAUNCH LIBERTY!