By: Marc King
This has to be classified political humor … Its was featured as the “Tweet of the Day” in Center Maryland – The Morning Run Down…
As the Co-Chair of the Commission to Combat Synthetic Opioid Trafficking, I will continue to propose meaningful legislation in Congress and fight to end the opioid epidemic once and for all.— Rep. David Trone (@RepDavidTrone) July 9, 2021
Representative David Trone, Congressional District 6, is without a doubt one of the most worthless, do-nothing members of the Maryland Delegation in the United States Congress. Now I did mention that he is “worthless” but that does not mean he isn’t worth a small fortune…
In fact, the Washington Post stated in their Maryland Politics headline in 2016 “In a field of rich congressional Candidates this wine magnate is the richest” … and his company Total Wines & More was reported to have been worth $3 Billion in 2019
Lets not forget that in the State of Maryland in one of the few exceptions to the shutdown order in 2020 was retail liquor stores — Curious -no? But I digress… the issue on the table is synthetic opioids and how they are destroying America.
The latest data from the CDC tells us …
“In 2019, more than 36,000 deaths involving synthetic opioids (other than methadone) occurred in the United States, which is more deaths than from any other type of opioid. Synthetic opioid-involved death rates increased by over 15% from 2018 to 2019 and accounted for nearly 73% of all opioid-involved deaths in 2019. The rate of overdose deaths involving synthetic opioids were more than 11 times higher in 2019 than in 2013.”
In order to better understand what Trone stands for on behalf of Marylanders in Congressional District 6 we need to look at his legislative record and see just how hard is fighting to “Combat synthetic opioid trafficking through meaningful legislation …
Congress.Gov provides a public record on what legislation is in play on Capital Hill… Mr. Trone’s record is clear…
- H.R.4341 – To provide support with respect to the prevention of, treatment for, and recovery from, substance use disorder. Good start right? But wait here is the status of this proposed legislation as of 7/12/2021 — “As of 07/12/2021 text has not been received for H.R.4341 – To provide support with respect to the prevention of, treatment for, and recovery from, substance use disorder”. So nothing is really happening vis a vis the “Tweet of the Day”.
While we are at it lets take a deeper dive into the Congressional Bills that have Mr. Torne’s interest and support:
- H.R.4402 — 117th Congress (2021-2022) To address and take action to prevent bullying and harassment of students.
- H.R.4311 — 117th Congress (2021-2022) To amend title XVIII of the Social Security Act to provide for coverage of dental, vision, and hearing care under the Medicare program.
- H.R.4277 — 117th Congress (2021-2022) To amend the Truth in Lending Act to establish fair and transparent practices related to the marketing and provision of overdraft coverage programs at financial institutions, and for other purposes.
- H.R.4116 — 117th Congress (2021-2022) To authorize appropriations for the Appalachian development highway system, and for other purposes.
- H.R.3614 – Menstrual Equity For All Act of 2021 To increase the availability and affordability of menstrual products for individuals with limited access, and for other purposes.
- H.R.3938 — 117th Congress (2021-2022) To authorize contributions to the United Nations Population Fund, and for other purposes.
Now… this all very important work I am sure especially the bill to authorize contributions to the UN Population Fund, what ever that is … but if your serious about reducing or eliminating the flow of synthetic opioid drugs into this country don’t you think the focus should be on the southern border where the Biden Administration has opened the door to the Cartels and the fentanyl is coming into our country at alarming rates?
Where is the bill to stop the debacle at the border? Where is your public outcry regarding Administration policy at the border?
No Congressman Trone — we know what you are doing — 2022 is just around the corner so its time to let us know how hard you are working on our behalf. Your Tweets say one thing — your record clearly says something else. Voters should take careful stock in 2022.
CHECK OUT THE LATEST EPISODE OF THE TROY SMITH SHOW FROM 7-12-21 FEATURING AN INTERVIEW WITH ELECTION INTEGRITY PROJECT CALIFORNIA PRESIDENT LINDA PAINE!
SHARE AND SPREAD THE WORD, BIG TECH IS CENSORING US LIKE NEVER BEFORE!
THE TRUTH IS AT LAUNCH LIBERTY!